Posted on November 10, 2015 | Categories: Health Cusp, HealthCare, HealthCare IT | Posted by: admin
Heath IT – Program / Project Management Steps
WATERFALL PMO & SDLC Steps
- Planning & Analysis
- Organizational Readiness
- Project Estimate (PE) – The Project Estimate provides a high level overview of the project and the business need. It also contains resource roles and budget information.
- Artifact Tracking Checklist – The Artifact Tracking Checklist lists all the deliverables required for a project. It assists the PM in tracking the approvals required and dates. Also, it allows the PM to indicate which documents might not be delivered as part of the project and why.
- Project Charter – The Project Charter formally authorizes the project to proceed. It includes details on project objectives and success measures, in-scope and out-of-scope deliverables, key project stakeholders, assumptions and constraints, dependencies on other projects, initial risk assessment and high-level budget.
- Project Management Plan (PMP) – The purpose of the Project Management Plan (PMP) is to define the methodologies, templates and processes to be used in managing projects within IS at NSLIJ. It defines how a project is executed, monitored, controlled and closed.
Planning & Analysis
- Business Requirements Document (BRD) – The purpose of the Business Requirements Document is to capture and agree all business requirements, both functional and non-functional, to enable Solution Design to be developed.
- Project Budget – The Project Budget tracks planned vs. actual budget including hardware, software, maintenance and licensing fees as well as external resource.
- Project Scheduling Notice – The Project Scheduling Notice is sent out by the Program Manager after all resource commitments have been confirmed via the Project Scheduling Meeting. It summarizes the Project Scope, budget and resource commitments.
- Technical Design Document – The Technical Design Document defines the end to end solution for the project. It includes any vendor hardware or software design specs and Visio diagrams depicting the system architecture and application architecture. The Technical Design Document defines the functional design, addressing user configuration design and data conversion.
- Requirements Traceability Matrix – The Requirements Traceability tracks requirements through design, build and test. It is updated as the project progresses.
- Master Test Plan – The Master Test Plan addresses the testing approach for the project. It defines the test phases, testing tools, environments and overall test strategy.
- Disaster Recovery (DR) Plan – Disaster Recovery Plans include instructions for failing over a system to its alternate Data Center location. This is the step by step proven sequence to recovering a system at its designated recovery location.
- Test and Defect Tracking – The Test and Defect Tracking document contain the test scripts, results and defects encountered when testing. It is created during the build phase and updated during the testing phases.
- Operations Run Book – The Operations Run Book provides the operations team turnover information needed to run the application on a day to day basis.
- Requirements Traceability Matrix – The Requirements Traceability tracks requirements through design, build and test. During Build it is updated to indicate the requirement is being built in the system.
- Test and Defect Tracking – The Test and Defect Tracking document contain the test scripts, results and defects encountered when testing. During the testing phase the document is updated by the testing team with test results and defects encountered.
- Operations Run Book – The Operations Run Book provides the operations team turnover information needed to run the application on a day to day basis. It is updated during test with procedural information after testing is completed.
- Requirements Traceability Matrix – The Requirements Traceability tracks requirements through design, build and test. During testing the document is updated to indicate the requirement is being tested.
- Training Plan – The Training Plan outlines the approach to train the end users of the project to utilize the product and / or modules implemented.
- Readiness Assessment – The Readiness Assessment is a summary of the project at a point in time. It is recommended that the Project Manager prepare at least 2 Readiness Assessments to their Sponsor and project team.
- Activation Plan – The Activation Plan lists the tasks, ownership and timing in order to move the project to production. It also includes the contact list, and back out plan.
- Project Completion Approval – The Project Completion Approval is signed by the project sponsor during the close phase
- Client Satisfaction Survey – The Client Satisfaction Survey captures the client’s satisfaction with the project deployment. The survey is sent out by IT PMO Support team.
- Project Closure Report – The Project Closure Report summarizes the final project outcomes as compared to planned in the areas of scope, budget and schedule. This includes a description of the variances. Lessons learned are also captured so that they can be applied to future projects.
For HealthCare Program Management / Project Management solutions related to ePrescribing, EHR / EMR or Clinical Applications initiatives, call Manish @ 6466443049 .
Tags: Health IT, Health PMO, PMO, SDLC, waterfall