Posted on December 16, 2015 | Categories: DrFirst, ePrescription, eRx | Posted by: admin
Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
We have a deep background in successfully deploying DEA-complaint authentication platform designed to provide EPCS-enabled care providers with identify-proofing, two-factor authentication, and auditing and reporting.
Used in conjunction with existing Prescription Monitoring Programs (PMPs), EPCS creates accountable and secure practices for those who prescribe and dispense controlled substances. EPCS allows healthcare providers to send prescriptions directly to a pharmacy electronically, eliminating the need for paper prescription pads, which can be altered, forged, or stolen to obtain prescriptions.
We believe that Less than 3 percent of all prescriptions for controlled substances are sent electronically last year. One of the major barriers to EPCS adoption in NY, NJ, MA, FL and other states across the U.S., has been the lack of technologies available to meet DEA requirements without inhibiting workflow and inconveniencing providers or patients. However, New York State has been able to overcome this barrier, and has not only adopted EPCS, but also mandated it through its Internet System for Over-Prescribing Act (I-STOP). The mandate is 03/27/2016 for State of NY which means there will be no Paper Prescription.
There are 3 clear benefits in implementing EPCS
- EPCS addresses prescription drug abuse and saves lives by minimizing the risk of altered, stolen, or fraudulent prescriptions: Providers no longer have to hand paper prescriptions to patients.
- EPCS is easy for providers to use and saves time and money by eliminating dual workflows: Providers access EPCS technology with hands free authentication through Bluetooth technology on the personal mobile devices they keep in their pockets. This makes two-factor authentication quick and simple, reducing steps and enabling providers to spend more time with patients.
- EPCS improves patient satisfaction: EPCS gives patients more face time with providers and put more time back in their schedules. Before EPCS implementation, patients, many who rely on public transportation, had to spend time and money traveling to and from their pharmacies multiple times, dropping off and picking up paper prescriptions, often on their days off work. Now they only need to stop by the pharmacy once and the prescription is filled and ready for them when they arrive.
If you are exploring to implement ePrescription, Pls. reach out to
Sr. Director – Program Management
Tags: EPCS, ePrescription, eRx, NY Mandate on eRx, Techcusp for EPCS, Techcusp for eRx
Sr. Program Manager – Insurance
Our Insurance Program Manager has the
- Ability to interact well with senior management; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Assess and provide estimates for new requirements and integrations
- Deep Years of experience with Policy Admin Systems like Duck Creek, Guidewire etc.
- Develop a strong team of skilled onshore & offshore resources in relevant technologies, Web Services with appreciation for insurance domain
- Excellent written/verbal skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels is required.
- Experience in understanding and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Facilitate team meetings and work sessions; drive efficiencies through automation
- Hands on capability and deep knowledge of technologies including Microsoft .NET, Databases, Web Services, XML/XSL
- Knowledge of Insurance preferably P&C; knowledge of ACORD and other insurance standards
- Leading a team of developers onsite & offshore
- Leading implementation of new products, rating algorithms, rules, forms in policy admin systems
- Manage and maintain relationships with multiple service providers and software providers
- Organize and facilitate architecture & design sessions among groups within the enterprise
- Prepare formal presentations on architectures, designs & drive strategy discussions with business and technology leadership
- Review SOWs (Statement of Work) from vendors & partners and manage relationships
- Strong ability to identify, understand and communicate system needs from business discussions.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to influence change and drive results
- Work with enterprise technology, security and compliance groups to align with corporate standards, policies & procedures
Pls. reach out to
Sr. Director – Program Management
Tags: Duckcreek, Guidewire, PAS, Program Manager, Sr PM