Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
- An electronic prescription is a prescription issued with an electronic signature and transmitted by electronic means
- BNE does not endorse a specific electronic prescribing software application for practitioners to use
- Identity proofing – the process by which a credential service provider or certification authority validates sufficient information to uniquely identify a person.
- In accordance with regulations of the NYS Commissioner of Health and the Commissioner of Education and consistent with federal requirements – A prescription generated on an electronic system that is printed out on Official New York State Prescription (ONYSRx) paper and manually signed or an ONYSRx transmitted via facsimile is not an electronic prescription
- Pharmacies accepting electronic prescriptions for controlled substances must submit their controlled substance dispensed data to BNE using the American Society for Automation in Pharmacy (ASAP) version 4.2
- Pharmacies may complete EPCS registration form DOH-5120
- Prescribers can register their certified software application online through the Health Commerce System
- Prior to prescribing or dispensing electronic prescriptions for controlled substances, the rescriber/pharmacy must register the certified computer software application with the Department of Health, Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement (BNE) at least every two years
- Provider’s registration process with State is separate and apart from the computer software application certification process
- Two-factor authentication credentials – the security credentials that allow the Provider to sign an electronic prescription. The DEA is allowing the use of two of the following – something you know (a knowledge factor – password), something you have (a hard or soft token stored separately from the computer being accessed), and something you are (biometric information)
We have deep hands-on experience with eRx and EPCS processes. We could help your Health System or Pharmacy Team with ePrescribing capabilities. We could bring to bear Allscripts Software Applications viz. AEHR, SCM, EDIS or Drfirst Software Application – Rcopia as part of our ePrescription Professional Services or end-to-end Project Management.
Reach out to our HealthCare IT Subject Matter Expert and Program Director – Manish Jaiswal @ 6466443049 or email@example.com for help around EMR, EHR, Tokens, BNE Registration, COAs, 2 Factor Authentication, Project Management, Identity Management, Single-Sign-On (SSO) etc.
Posted on June 11, 2015 | Categories: IT Services, Single Sign-On | Posted by: admin
Single Sign-On (SSO) – How can it benefit Your Enterprise?
Single Sign-On (SSO) is an authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials. SSO is a common procedure in enterprises, where a client accesses multiple resources connected to a Local Area Network (LAN).
Techcusp believes the following are the advantages of using SSO:
- Improves compliance through a centralized database
- Streamlines local, remote application and desktop workflow
- Minimizes phishing
- Eliminates credential re-authentication and help desk requests; thus, improving productivity
- Provides detailed user access reporting
Techcusp.com explains Single Sign-On (SSO):
We at Techcusp.com believe that SSO authentication facilitates seamless network resource usage. SSO mechanisms vary, depending on application type.
SSO is not suited for systems requiring guaranteed access, as the loss of log-in credentials result into denial of access to all systems. Ideally, SSO is used with other authentication techniques.
The following are the components of Single Sign-On (SSO):
- Login Server
- Single Sign-On Application Programming Interface (API)
Single Sign-On Applications:
- Partner Applications – It is integrated with the Login Server & also helps to accept user’s identity as validated by the Login Server.
- External Applications – These are web-based applications that retain their authentication logic. These applications are limited to those which employ an HTML form for accepting the user name & password.
How Single Sign-On works?
- Authenticating to the Login Server
- Accessing a Partner Application
- Accessing an External Application
- Latest & Greatest IT solutions
- Guaranteed Delivery
- Scalable Partner
- Onshore, Onsite & Offshore Team
- Competitive Pricing
Contact – Careers with Techcusp.com or
Manger Sales – IT Consulting & Technology Services
Phone: +1 646.644.3049 / 201.258.4704 / 201.589.5962
Insurance IT | HealthCare IT | Banking IT | Staffing
Tags: Consulting Services, IT Services, Outsourcing services, SIngle Sign-on